Welcome!

WE.. are just like you.

We are students from MHCC who have something to say! Here you'll find topics from finding the right classes to inside scoops about where to find good deals on books or supplies and even how a student's day might be going. Anything goes! So join in!

Friday, March 19, 2010

Moving on up

Well it's official, the SOAR team has moved locations. Just to let you know, THIS WAS NOT AT ALL CONVIENENT. We had to SQEEZE around eachother to pack boxes (Which I'm very good at), haul stuff from the downstairs Hostel to the Upstairs offices of our fearless leaders. Let's just say that I've never smelled so many different senses :) Just kidding. I did however get my yearly dose of R&B which included everything from old Usher to the new sound of "Brithday Sex" (Heard that song twice by the way).

As most of you know who read this, this was finals week. It was full of difficult study sessions and nail biting test taking. Luckily, because i'm an integrated Media Student and I study Video Production, I didn't really have any finals, I literally had some projects due, a notebook of semester long work and a mock TV Station Operation situation...See what I did there...I made it into a song...wow, too much R&B for sure.

So, I'm currently sitting in the advising office waiting for my girlfriend (a prospective student) to get all of her classes figured out. I'm actually sitting right behind the wall where Jessica (SOAR team "Boss") is sitting. I'm listening to her describe the photography program...would it be weird if I asked her if I could give this person a tour....and now i just talked to Jessica and I think i creeped her out.

Has anybody noticed what a sunny beautiful day it is. It's 63 degrees outside and amazing!

So, I have some exciting news that nobody will probably be as excited as I am, but i'm going to say it anyway. I got FINAL CUT PRO 7 LAST NIGHT!!!!!!


It's amazing, It's a fantastic editing program and it's top of the line, it's going to be so much easier to do everything that I need to finish. I installed it on two computers last night, my laptop and my home desktop...it's amazing.

I also just bought a guitar pickup. I've needed one for over a year and it's a killer deal. It's a $140 pick up for $55 bucks!!!!! it's such a good deal and such an incredible sound that comes out of it. I love it.

UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!
I'm not sure how it's going to work, but i'm going to try and post VLOGS...WHich in case you don't know, they are video blogs, so instead of you having to read about everything i'm doing you can actually just watch the video and see who I am and associate my brilliantly written words with my amazing face...ish here.

I'm not sure i have anything else to really say so I'm going to leave it at that.

Goodbye and Until next time

Sincerely
Nathanael Sams
SOAR Team Memeber

No comments:

Post a Comment