Welcome!

WE.. are just like you.

We are students from MHCC who have something to say! Here you'll find topics from finding the right classes to inside scoops about where to find good deals on books or supplies and even how a student's day might be going. Anything goes! So join in!

Thursday, January 14, 2010

And so it continues.....

January rolls around and another term ensues. And so the quest to reach graduation with a degree continues. It is time again to bury our noses in books in hopes of remembering enough to pass the exams, and pose questions in class to try and demystify the confusion.

I often get asked how I do it. It... go to school, study, work, volunteer, raise three kids alone, keep up the house... the answer? I DON'T KNOW! lol, I just do. And sometimes, I fail. Just like everyone else, I am still trying to find a balance in life that actually works. If I go to school full time and cut back on hours at work, will financial aid provide enough income to help sustain my family? What if I work my minimum wage part time job and only go to school part time? Will work provide enough? Work isn't enough by itself, that's why I'm here pursuing my degrees (yes, that was intentionally plural).

~ Stephanie
Accounting student

No comments:

Post a Comment